Memoirs of Fls'Zen

Monday, February 20, 2006

Xbox HID Driver for OS X - Intel

For the convience of myself and whoever else wants it: I have compiled the Xbox HID Driver for Intel. I wanted to run it on my iMac CoreDuo (should be fine on Macbook Pro too) and the kernel extensions from the original author were only for PowerPC. I think kexts can only be complied for one or the other. Anyway, the original site is here. You'll notice that it is pretty stale. Broken links, etc.

You can download my (Intel) compilation here. To install: you need to copy the DWXboxHIDDriver.kext into /System/Extensions and change the owner to root and group to wheel in order for the system to recognize it. You should run testdrivercontrol from the command line for configuration options and to make sure that it detects your device.

As a side note, the Xbox S Controller I was using needs a powered hub. I has to connect it directly to the computer, I couldn't go through the keyboard hub.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home